1. The combined gyrations of 250 sophomores have made the air too toxic to breath.
2. The room's average temperature has easily reach triple digits and sweating is becoming annoying.
3. A slow song comes on, causing everyone to either switch from lust to love, or simply turn down for some Mountain Dew.
4. The lights need turned down in order to accommodate the dancing atmosphere.
5. The Spring-like temperatures lead all of us to lower our thermostats today.
6. A GPS provides helpful directions by stating "turn down this street...destination will be on your left".
7. Someone offers you some unappealing food and you, politely, turn it down.
8. You realize your feather-filled comforter is sideways so you proceed to "turn down" and fix it.
9. "Turn Down for What" is actually only part of the phrase. He's trying to say "Turn Down for Water" but is cut off.
10. You are trying to make a swan using origami, and the instructions require you "turn down" the corner and fold it.
That was the best we could come up with in a short period of time. Thankfully, there's still two big dances left this school year. Hopefully, before the Class of 2014 takes their final walk across the field and turns up their tassels, we'll be able to find out once and for all for what we should be turning down.