Baldwin Whitehall Scavenger Hunt Clues
Rules: To win the game, you must travel to 7 of the 10 clues and complete the prescribed task. As proof, get a picture of your entire team completing the task or at the location. When you have completed 7/10 clues, return to Baldwin High School. Simple as that. (Answers in italics)
Note: Failure to include all members of your team in the picture will disqualify that clue. Winners will be determined by the team to complete 7 clues the fastest.
1. In the borough of Baldwin, an ancient castle still stands today in the midst of a thriving park. Nearby the famed athletic courts exist as a place of nightly battle each summer. Travel to these courts and enact a battle scene with your group. (The Courts at Romanous Park)
2. In 1849, many prospectors flooded San Francisco to search for gold. If this prospect seems bizarre to you, perhaps you should pause for a moment. Search for gold in the Park that bears their name. (Prospect Park)
3. The world used to be governed by a caste system, but now it’s gone, because of America. Return to a place where “Caste” is the name of the game, and get a picture by your favorite restaurant.
4. Your childhood ends at Baldwin High School, but where did it begin? Return to one of your former schools (any will do) and take a nostalgia selfie.
5. Have you started reading yet this year? No? Perhaps you should go find a book from your local library. Get a picture with a book you just checked out.
6. Are you a member of the polar bear club? The weather is getting chilly so your time has come. Get a picture of your team staring longingly into Whitehall’s local water hole. (Whitehall Pool)
7. School spirit is important...not just for students but for the community as a whole. Take a picture with someone (not on your team) wearing purple and white. No athletic uniforms.
8. Eating healthy is important, as evidenced by our school lunches. Why wait until the game is over? Go buy some fruit for your team take a picture of everyone eating healthy.
9. Life isn’t all about athletics. Sometimes you’ll need to stop, think, and tell people how you feel. Buy a greeting card and send it someone. Take a picture placing the card in a mailbox. (Only drop it in if you have a stamp...otherwise bring it back with you)
10. The best part of working at Baldwin? You see students everywhere. Find a picture with a Baldwin-Whitehall School District employee off high school property. Remember, no sniping; you have to be in the picture too!