While I had wanted to run the fundraiser twice this year, we ran into a problem in December: it was actually warm the entire time. With little demand, I put the sales on pause until the real chill hit in January and students would be lining up to purchase tickets. Today, as the snow started falling and the temperatures dropped, we finally made the move. While we've only been selling for a day, it's been well worth the wait.
As much as I like getting this done as soon as possible, there's some value in waiting for market conditions to be right. I might feel better getting Pirate tickets sold for the Senior Class game now, but the kids won't even start thinking about it until April. Knowing the market is sometimes the whole battle.