Afterwards, it was right back to the high school for the first (annual?) Lip Sync contest hosted by the senior class. Much like every single new and creative event, there was a small bit of controlled chaos leading up to show time. Performers joined and dropped almost in unison as the final set list solidified just minutes before showtime. As the performers readied their acts, close to 200 people, including parents, students, family, and a few teachers and principals filed in to see the creative endeavors of the BW community.
When all was said and done, it was an excellent show. The acts included:
1. "Breaking Free"- Nick B. and Bri. D
2. "Crisscross"- Luke S. and Justin Z.
3. "Holy Grail"- Lindsey K. and Katie L.
4. "It's Raining Me"- Tony T. and Shane P.
5. "Walk this Way"- Billy H., Alec T. and Dalton D.
6. "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes..."- Dave S.
7. " Beat It!"- Nigel A.
8. "Timber"- Jake E. and the Kendalls
9. "Wanna Be"- Ms. Jarocki, Ms. Burtch, Ms. Wilhelm, Ms. Jenkins, and Sterling J.
10. "Good Vibrations"- Evan S. and Nick Y.
11. "What Does the Fox Say?"- Alex B. and Blake A.
12. "Bye Bye Bye"- Brendan A., Anthony D., and Mandi J.
13. "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"- Dave S. and Izzy B.
14. "Magic"- Ladasha
15. "My Wish"- Josh B.
Each group brought some unique from the costume choices, to the dance moves, to the clear memorization of the lyrics, to completely making it up on the spot. In the end, Tony and Shane pulled out a win thanks to their...unique wardrobe choices and boldness. Even so, it was really just refreshing to see such a great effort from the students both on stage and in the seats cheering them on.
As I've said many times before, it's those that create who should be respected. It's easy to sit back and say "I'll hear about it later" or "I can't think of anything" or "It's too cold outside for angels to fly" but it's both challenging and rewarding to get out there and make something happen. As the senior class learned just last week, "gather ye rosebuds while ye may"
There's only 90 days to go. Continue to make the most of them!
P.S. My apologies for the poor photo quality. I was backstage at the time. Hopefully it'll give you small taste of what you missed/experienced until Mr. Ross and Video Production team have the full video assembled.